[collectd] dynamic "label" using postgres plugin

Gerardo Herzig gherzig at fmed.uba.ar
Mon Jun 9 21:30:13 CEST 2014

Hi all. I have a query who extract the "top" email sender from our smtp:
zimbra=# SELECT * from get_top_senders(interval '5 min') ;
        msg_from        | count
 xxxx at myhost.net        |     52
(1 fila)

That means  xxxx at myhost.net has sent 52 emails in the last 5 minutes.

What a want, is to graph that "52" in the usual way, and having a "legend" or label in the graph to inform the top-sender-account
Obviosly, this has to be done in some sort of dynamic way (that "msg_from" column is changing the value all the time), but a cant found anything close to the solution i want.

Is that even posible?

Thanks for the help.

Gerardo