[collectd] Python plugin escape character for "."

Wu, James jamwu at ebay.ca
Tue Jan 14 22:55:27 CET 2014

Hi all,

I know that graphite uses the "." character in the metric name as a separator and I know that the python plugin of collectd as a result automatically transforms all "." in metric names to "_" by default. What I'm wondering is if there's a way to escape the period so that I can send a metric with the proper hierarchies. Right now, the maximum depth in terms of metrics that can be sent to graphite is "Hostname/metrictype/metricvalue", I would like to in some instances have more depth for easier organization of metrics.

Thanks,
James