[collectd] curl_json plugin not sending data

Mariano González gonzalez.mariano.gabriel at gmail.com
Fri Feb 14 12:29:14 CET 2014

Hi guys.
Again asking for help.

I've implemented curl_jason plugin to recolect and send LoadBalancer
metrics to my RabbitMQ to be graphed in Graphite.
Thing is, it's not sending any data, while it is working just fine (and
great) with other plugins like memory, cpu, df root, network, etc. I've
tried to troubleshoot following this suggestion:
http://serverfault.com/questions/499378/collectd-stores-nan-instead-of-correct-value-in-ubuntu-12-04,
but there're no issues coming out.

Here's my collectd.conf: https://gist.github.com/Mariano-gon/8732467

Here're the last lines of collectd.log when I start it:
https://gist.github.com/Mariano-gon/8732488

The request is made against Rackspace API where my LoadBalancer is located,
and if run manually, the curl gets me a json response perfectly normal.

Here's a snippet of it: https://gist.github.com/Mariano-gon/8732518

Finally, collectd does not create any new folders besides network, df,
memory, cpu, etc (all plugins that are correctly working and sending data)
when started.

I've tested the manual connection using curl -v and got this:
https://gist.github.com/marianogg9/8999583

Hope this info helps and any comment will be really appreciated.
Thanks!

--
Mariano Gabriel González