[collectd] curl_jason plugin is not sending data to rabbitMQ server

Marc Fournier marc.fournier at camptocamp.com
Mon Feb 10 14:22:11 CET 2014

Excerpts from Mariano González's message of 2014-02-06 13:32:56 +0100:
> Hi Marc.
>
> The request I run manually is:
>
> curl -H "X-Auth-Token: my_token"
> https://API_url/1.0/account_id/loadbalancers/lb_id/usage/current | python
> -m json.tool
>
> And collectd uses the curl_json plugin, which I don't know what it requests
> (I assume it uses curl, but I'm not sure how).
>
> Could you guide me on how to tcdump this connections please?

Actually, ngrep is a similar tool which output is easier to read when
you're only interested in the "application layer". Try:

sudo ngrep -d any -W byline port 80

I see you're using https though. If you can't switch to plain http, you can
probably forget about dumping the network traffic.

"curl -v" will show you what headers are sent in the HTTP(s) request. Then
try to use collectd's "Header" option to the curl_json plugin and make it
match the headers sent by the curl CLI tool.

As the curl CLI tool works, I'm pretty sure what you are attempting is
feasible. It's just a matter of finding the correct parameters.

Marc