[collectd] ldap plugin for collectd ?

Marc Fournier marc.fournier at camptocamp.com
Wed Aug 20 14:30:58 CEST 2014

Hello Kimo,

Excerpts from Kimo Rosenbaum's message of 2014-06-04 17:56:13 +0200:

> A few years ago I started on an openldap plugin:
>
> http://mailman.verplant.org/pipermail/collectd/2011-January/004336.html (although this seems to have truncated the email)
>
> Here is the original email and patch I sent:
>
> https://gist.github.com/kimor79/684e2e7777f4f48037e9

I just wanted to inform you I made a bunch of improvements to your
openldap plugin recently:

https://github.com/mfournier/collectd/compare/kimor79:kimor79/openldap...openldap-improvements

If by any chance you still use it, I'd be interested by your feedback !

Andrew: if you're still planning to use this plugin, I was able to build
it against an existing installation of collectd using:
  gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -Wall -Werror -g -O2 -shared -fPIC \
    -I/usr/include/collectd/core/ -ldl -lldap -o openldap.so openldap.c
(after installing the openldap-devel/libldap2-dev package)

My plan is to test this on a bunch of servers for a bit, then once I'm
happy with it, rebase the branch against current master and (re)submit
it for inclusion.

Thanks !
Marc