[collectd] Frage zu collectd cpufreq

Florian Forster octo at collectd.org
Thu Aug 21 07:41:54 CEST 2014

CC: +list at collectd.org

Hi Carsten,

On Wed, Aug 20, 2014 at 06:55:27PM +0200, Carsten Spieß wrote:
> gibt's einen Grund warum das cpufreq Plugin
> /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_cur_freq
> ausliest und nicht
> /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/cpuinfo_cur_freq?

I'm not aware of a conscious decision one way or the other. The plugin
is quite old, I guess it's conceivable that cpuinfo_cur_freq didn't
exist back in the day, but that's pure speculation.

Feel free to send a patch / pull request for this, but please make sure
to have a fall-back on the old file, in case the cpuinfo_* one doesn't
exist for some people.

Best regards,
—octo
--
collectd – The system statistics collection daemon
Website: http://collectd.org