[collectd] collectd exec plugin

Bill Schwanitz bilsch at gmail.com
Tue Aug 19 03:26:32 CEST 2014

Stuart,

This looks good to me.

A line from one of my ruby scripts monitoring a gps device:

    puts "PUTVAL \"#{hostname}/gps-#{device}/gauge-pdop\" interval=1 N:#{pdop}"

Did you ensure stdout is getting flushed? I’ve had issues in the past where I forgot this step and had no metrics collected.

Assuming here you have your prints going every 10 seconds - you need at least 2 print statements per 60 seconds to get values in the rrd files.

Hope that helps.