[collectd] collectd exec plugin

Stuart Cracraft smcracraft at me.com
Tue Aug 19 03:09:03 CEST 2014

So I have just heard that collectd doesn't output all its error messages
to logfiles in accessible form, since it gives feedback to the console
for data collection (I would recommend putting it in /var/log/collectd.log.)

So I shut it off and ran it with:

  /usr/sbin/collectd -f -C /etc/collectd/collectd.conf

on the console, which gave:

  /usr/sbin/collectd -f -C /etc/collectd/collectd.conf
  Initialising rabbitmq_info
  ,-1 Type `all' isn't defined.
  -1 Type `all' isn't defined.

What does the "-1 Type `all' isn't defined" mean?

It isn't appearing in the standard output of my PUTVAL exec script
which looks very clean innocent:

PUTVAL "some-fully-qualified-name/rabbitmq/more-rabbits" interval=10 N:2
PUTVAL "some-fully-qualified-name/rabbitmq/more-rabbits" interval=10 N:100
PUTVAL "some-fully-qualified-name/rabbitmq/more-rabbits" interval=10 N:500000
:
:
:

Guidance you give on this will be appreciated!

--Stuart