[collectd] collectd + highcharts

Jesse Reynolds jesse at bulletproof.net
Wed Nov 13 08:45:27 CET 2013

Hi Marian

Nice work. Also, have you looked at visage? It provides a JSON / REST APi for a collection of RRD files, and a javascript web frontend that consumes said API. http://visage-app.com/ / https://github.com/auxesis/visage

Cheers
Jesse

On 13/11/2013, at 5:44 PM, Marian Mihailescu <mihailescu2m at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> A while ago I've created some small scripts to export the data from RRDs and chart it with Highcharts javascript library (http://highcharts.com).
>
> You can see an example of how the charts look like at: http://elhokar.zapto.org/cpu/
>
> I use a perl script derived from collection3's chart.cgi that exports the data in JSON format, together with some javascript+css code that sets up the highcharts object.
> New charts are added just by creating a new div, where you specify the RRD data source and the date range. Additional highcharts options can be added as well.
>
> For example:
>
> The arguments are the same as for collection3, and the types defined in collection.conf are reused here.
>
> You can zoom in, and select a different date range from buttons on the chart. You can also print or export the chart as JPG, PNG, PDF or SVG.
>
> I could not figure out how to format the legend to include min/max/avgs, but that was not a priority for me. If people are interested, let me know and I can set up a repository and share the code.
>
> Cheers,
> Marian
>

> Either I've been missing something or nothing has been going on. (K. E. Gordon)

Jesse Reynolds
Software Engineer
Bulletproof
Mission Critical Cloud
http://www.bulletproof.net.au/
tel: +61 2 9663 9000

Amazon Web Services (AWS) Partner

This email and any attachments are confidential and may be legally privileged.