[collectd] [5.1] Multiple mysql instances?

Sebastian Harl sh at tokkee.org
Tue Mar 19 23:35:30 CET 2013

On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 08:19:57PM +0100, Jacek Osiecki wrote:
> Wiadomość napisana przez Sebastian Harl w dniu 18 mar 2013, o godz. 21:29:
> >> I think the 'Database' directive *in* the block overrides the name in the 'Database'
> >> *definition*. This means that in your example, `sqlone` and `sqltwo` are
> >> both being overridden by `mysql`, thus yielding the error message. I
> >> remember banging my head on a hard surface too when trying to achieve the
> >> same goal.
> >
> > This issue should have been fixed in 5.1.1. The name of the <Database>
> > definition is now used when registering the callback. The above
> > configuration is perfectly fine in that case.
>
> Does that mean, that I need to upgrade to 5.1.1 in order to have
> multiple mysql instances handled (now I have 5.1.0)?

Yes, in case all instances connect to a database of the same name. In
5.1.0 and earlier, the <Database> Database NAME </Database> had to be
unique. Starting with 5.1.1, the name specified in <Database NAME> is
used for purpose of identifying an instance within the plugin / daemon.

> I'm really confused...

I surely hope we can work that out :-)

Cheers,