[collectd] collectd plugin for monitoring internal values

Yves Mettier ymettier at free.fr
Mon Mar 18 11:01:54 CET 2013

Hello,

How can we monitor internal values of collectd ?

- the number of values in the cache (my jsonrpc plugin does it already,
but it would be better if there was a dedicated way to do it)

- the number of values enqueued in the new write queue (see
write_queue_size in #280)

- any other metric that show the health of collectd like the number of
read values and of written values...

What about a "collectd" read plugin ? And public functions in
collectd.c/h and plugin.c/h to retreive the values.

Can I start to code such a plugin ?

Regards,
Yves

--