[collectd] What about the scalability for collectd network plugin?

Benjamin Wang (gendwang) gendwang at cisco.com
Wed Mar 6 08:01:29 CET 2013

Hi,
  Now we want to manage 100K virtual machines which run collectd. If we just setup a collectd server which enables collectd network plugin to receive
the udp packet from the devices and generate all the RRD files. Then our system will parse these RRD files. I have no experience data about the collectd performance.
Is there any potential bottleneck for this scenario? Do you have any experienced data about the collectd performance?

B.R.
Benjamin Wang