[collectd] collectd: rrdcached plugin: rrdc_update failed with status -1

Yves Mettier ymettier at free.fr
Thu Jul 18 08:28:27 CEST 2013

Hello,

Please provide the version number of the collectd you are using.
Sometimes, it helps.

For what I can say now, I think that you should not use both rrdcached
and rrdtool.
If you use rrdcached, do not forget to add "CreateFiles true".

Also check that collectd (and rrdcached if you are using it) has the
permissions to go to /var/lib/rrdcached/db/collectd and then to write
files there.

More info here :

llectd.org/documentation/manpages/collectd.conf.5.shtml#plugin_rrdcached
https://collectd.org/wiki/index.php/Plugin:RRDCacheD (this one should be
updated)

Regards,
Yves