[collectd] Collectd writing to Zabbix

Florian Forster octo at collectd.org
Tue Feb 5 21:02:04 CET 2013

Hi Brett,

On Mon, Feb 04, 2013 at 07:00:46AM -0700, Brett Hawn wrote:
>    Before I sit down and write something, I'm wondering if anyone has built
> a module to have collectd send information to a Zabbix installation.

I'm not aware of any such plugin, nor of anybody working on one.

> Assuming nobody has done so, would anyone be interested if I were to
> write a module for writing to Zabbix

I'm sure that'll find some users. Bridges between tools that do similar
stuff are kind of a niche project, but there is similar code already for
Ganglia and Munin …

> (I'm also nearly ready to submit a module for writing to TSDB if
> anyone has interest in that).

I've seen the pull request on Github [*]. Thanks!

Best regards,
—octo

[*] <http://collectd.org/bugs/247>
--
collectd – The system statistics collection daemon
Website: http://collectd.org