[collectd] *.rrd files do not get updated

Yves Mettier ymettier at free.fr
Mon Feb 4 11:50:54 CET 2013

Hello,

Some tips if you are running collectd with rrdcached
- permission problem ? (collectd maybe not running with the same user
as rrdcached)
- rrdcached has data in cache and will write it later on your disk ?
Just wait a while (the while length is defined in your rrdcached
configuration file) or flush the cache (echo "flushall" | socat -
rrdcached.sock)
- misunderstanding what "ls -l" returns ? if your FS is configured with
noatime, maybe "ls -l" will give you wrong values ? Check with "rrdtool
info yourRRDfile.rrd"

Yves