[collectd] Temperature - Celsius vs. Fahrenheit

Brandon Applegate brandon at burn.net
Sun Dec 29 07:09:09 CET 2013

On Sat, 28 Dec 2013, Brandon Applegate wrote:

> Apologies if this has been covered somewhere else.  I have looked in the
> docs, archives, google etc. and can't find anything.
>
> In short, I'm using Exec plugin to pull temperature from a probe, and using
> the 'temperature' type from types.db.  I notice that the graph has Celsius

<snip>

Sorry to self reply - but I think this is a specific aspect of
collection.cgi that I'm using to view my data.  I see that temperature is
defined in it as Celsius.  I assume I can store whatever values I want and
modify collection.cgi to fix this cosmetically.

Of course, if there is a more proper way to handle storing and displaying
temperature I'd be grateful for clue.