[collectd] Issue #430 -- write_graphite fails after carbon-cache.py is restarted

Michael Hart michael.hart at arcticwolf.com
Fri Dec 20 15:55:08 CET 2013

In collectd 5.4, there is a bug in write_graphite.c in wg_send_buffer() which I think was introduced with the “LogSendErrors” parameter. The workaround in 5.4 is to always set LogSendErrors to true (the default) and then collectd will always reconnect. At least... it always does in my simple tests. In offline conversations with Andreas, this issue appears in 5.1, but I have no explanation for why it occurs there.

I will submit a pull request shortly for a fix.

cheers
mike

--
Michael Hart