[collectd] Plugin:GenericJMX -- Best Practices to monitor 2 JVMs on same host

Alexzander thunder Shevchenko thunder at blackdeath.ru
Wed Aug 7 12:54:43 CEST 2013

Hi.

I wonder how I can get same values for more than one JVMs?
I have MBeans for heap/nonheap memory values and I want to collect this
data from 2JVMs. But prefix for rrd's I can setonly in MBeans block, but
not in Connection block. I can setup two or more Connection block, but I
will get an error "update failed"-blah-blah-blah since it tries to write
the same rrd's. I see the only way to set MBean blocks with different
InstancePrefixes... I dont want to override Hostname property in
Connection block. Is there is another way to do this?

Thanks,

--
WBR, Alexzander "thunder" Shevchenko, Russia, Saint-Petersburg
emailto: alexzandershevchenko at gmail.com | thunder at blackdeath.ru
jabberto: thunder.spb at jabber.ru | skypeto: alexzander.o.shevchenko
blogspot: http://thunder-spb.blogspot.com