[collectd] collectd 5.3.0 / snmp.c - Unable to compile ("ISO C90 forbids mixed declarations and code")

Florian Forster octo at collectd.org
Fri Apr 12 19:45:31 CEST 2013

Hi Andreas,

On Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 12:08:58PM +0200, Andreas Maus wrote:
> gcc version 4.1.2 20080704 (Red Hat 4.1.2-51)

yeah, it's unfortunate that this crept in and, as you pointed out, it
has been fixed in the meantime. There are hardly any "mixed"
declarations in the collectd codebase, primarily because I personally
dislike them. However, collectd uses other C99 features, for example
_Bool, inttypes.h and variable-lenth arrays.

I won't create a patch release just for that just now, but if this bites
a lot of people I might ...

Best regards,
—octo
--
collectd – The system statistics collection daemon
Website: http://collectd.org