[collectd] collectd & rrdcached scalability issue

Bostjan Skufca bostjan at a2o.si
Sat Sep 8 04:36:16 CEST 2012

Hi Stefan,

I know this may not be the solution you are looking for, but:
How about using socket of rrdcached daemon and instructing it to flush the
data of immediate interest (rrds you are about to view)?
Works well for me on ganglia installation which uses rrdcached to cache up
to three hours of data...

What are your RRDcached settings? How much IOPS can you storage subsystem
handle? SSD as a fast-paced fix? Do you have a graph of IOPS for your
collectd host?

b.