[collectd] How to compile the source to get the auto-start script in /etc/init.d

Benjamin Wang (gendwang) gendwang at cisco.com
Tue Nov 20 14:36:19 CET 2012

Hi,
  I am the new user of collectd. I am not sure whether this is a correct mail list. If this is not a correct mail list, please correct me.
  Currently I can start collect by the following command:
./collectdmon -c /opt/collectd/sbin/collectd
  It seems that collectmon is the safeguard process which is similar to mysqld_safe implementation. But for mysql there is a smooth stop procedure.
How to smoothly stop collectd? How to generate the autostart script under /etc/init.d? Then if the system is rebooted, the process can be restarted
automatically?

B.R.
Benjamin Wang