[collectd] Question about Graphite metrics from CollectD

Steve Thompson steve.thompson at shazamteam.com
Tue Nov 20 17:02:40 CET 2012

Hi all,

I've recently started using CollectD to send metrics to Graphite instead of to RRD graphs. It works really well but it does something that I can't seem to find a way to turn off.

CollectD is polling SNMP devices and sending the data back to Graphite correctly but it insists on adding 'snmp' to the metric. For example - infrastructure.palo-alto.ups1.current arrives as infrastructure.palo-alto.ups1.snmp.current.

I'm guessing that it's adding the plugin name to the metric. Is there a way to stop it? If it helps, the relevant parts of my config are below.

Thanks for any advice

Steve

<Plugin snmp>
.
.
.
<Data "ups_current">
        Type "current"
        Table false
    Values ".1.3.6.1.4.1.318.1.1.1.4.2.4.0"
</Data>
.
.
<Host "ups1">
Address "192.168.119.61"
Version 1
Community "public"
Collect "ups_current" "ups_internal_temp"
</Host>
.
.
</Plugin>