[collectd] Filter chains and GenericJMX plugin. Help Needed

Marc Fournier marc.fournier at camptocamp.com
Sun Jun 24 20:43:38 CEST 2012

Hello,

Excerpts from Josh Behrends's message of Fri Jun 22 22:52:33 +0200 2012:
> Hello,
>
> I'm looking for some help!  I'm using Collectd 5.1.0 to collect JMX metrics
> using the GenericJMX plugin and then sending the metrics over to Graphite.
>   The issue I'm having is I need to rename the metric "Type" that's being
> sent to graphite.  The format Collectd is currently sending:
>  <MachineName>.GenericJMX.<InstanceName>.<Type>.<TypeInstance>  The "Type"
> [...]

I have no experience with collectd's Filter mechanism, but I've done
something similar to what you describe using carbon's rewrite feature.

Have a look at conf/rewrite-rules.conf.example in your carbon installation.
NB: you'll need to have the carbon aggregator service running to use this.

Hope this helps !

Cheers,
Marc