[collectd] Exec plugin - forked process freezing with 4.10.1

Jesse Reynolds jesse at bulletproof.net
Wed Jun 6 15:59:48 CEST 2012

Hi Gerrie ...

On 06/06/2012, at 11:10 PM, Gerrie Roos wrote:

> Hi Jesse
>
> We are using collectd 4.10.2 (close enough) with unixsock, exec and a host
> of other plugins.  We experienced similar problems and I spent a lot of time
> debugging and getting it stable.  I've posted my patches to the mailing
> list, but will attach them here again.  They should apply easily (touch
> wood!) and there's a chance it will make things better.  Here's the patches,
> note not all are really relevant, I suggest you just apply the first 3 or 4:
>
> Quick overview:
>    Fixed various collectd memory leaks.
>    Fixed collectd's unixsock read interrupted by SIGCHLD's.
>    Fixed collectd exec module: incorrectly exited select loop on signal.
>    Fixed incorrect collectd warning when configuring network plugin.
>    Collectd's scale plugin now supports scaling only on specific data
> sources, yay!  (New feature)

Interesting, thanks for that. It's reassuring to know that I'm not alone here :-)

I've raised a bug about it - https://github.com/collectd/collectd/issues/89

Have you considered creating a pull request or two with your changes? ... https://github.com/collectd/collectd/pulls

Do you think that it's this one that is biting me here? "Fixed collectd's unixsock read interrupted by SIGCHLD's."

Cheers
Jesse