[collectd] Compilation issue on Solaris 10

Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński maciej at opencsw.org
Fri Jun 1 15:35:08 CEST 2012

2012/5/31 Florian Forster <octo at collectd.org>:
>> utils_dns.c:476:17: error: storage size of 'ext_hdr' isn't known
>
> It looks like Solaris is missing this struct. Since all extension
> headers are being ignored, we should be able to fall back to a
> self-defined struct like this one:
>
>  struct ip6_ext
>  {
>    uint8_t ip6e_nxt;
>    uint8_t ip6e_len;
>  };

This one is defined in a file called ip_compat.h. I'll try to get it
to work. So far, I've cloned the git repo to a Solaris host, and ran
build.sh. The ./configure script wasn't generated correctly, and
failed with unexpanded libnotify errors ‒ the libnotify macros are
absent on Solaris.

checking for rrd.h... no
configure: pkg-config not available, trying to guess flags for the
statgrab library.
checking statgrab.h usability... no
checking statgrab.h presence... no
checking for statgrab.h... no
./configure: line 23800: --exists: command not found
checking tcrdb.h usability... no
checking tcrdb.h presence... no
checking for tcrdb.h... no
checking yajl/yajl_parse.h usability... no
checking yajl/yajl_parse.h presence... no
checking for yajl/yajl_parse.h... no
checking yajl/yajl_version.h usability... no
checking yajl/yajl_version.h presence... no
checking for yajl/yajl_version.h... no
checking for pkg-config... no
./configure: line 24819: syntax error near unexpected token `LIBNOTIFY,'
./configure: line 24819: `PKG_CHECK_MODULES(LIBNOTIFY, libnotify,'

I need to either come up with a fix for that, or work with a released
tarball instead. To be continued.

Maciej