[collectd] Collectd on CentOS always broken?

Crowder, Travis Travis.Crowder at penton.com
Mon Apr 23 18:25:25 CEST 2012

I don't think you can use two logs, but I am not positive on this.  You are using syslog and a logfile with that config.  I am not sure which one load, or if either does.

What is in your /tmp/collectd.log?

Do you get any errors when you configure or make?

When you start collectd, are you able to verify it is still running via top or ps?

If there is nothing in the /tmp/collectd.log and the process isn't running after you start it, can you start it with strace and post the output?

-Travis