[collectd] Collectd on CentOS always broken?

O G otis_junk at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 22 06:25:52 CEST 2012

Hello,

Is there a version of CentOS with a working Collectd?
I have tried several CentOS 5.* and 6.* versions where I installed Collectd with yum install collectd and each of them had a non-working Collectd.

This is a common error message I'd find in /var/log/messages:

Filter subsystem: Built-in target `write': Dispatching value to all write plugins failed with status 2 (ENOENT). Most likely this means you didn't load any write plugins

Of course, there were plugins in collectd.conf that write stuff to filesytem.

Is there a version of CentOS with a working Collectd?

Thanks,
Otis