[collectd] ipmi configuration

Sergey a_s_y at sama.ru
Fri Apr 13 19:22:05 CEST 2012

On Thursday 03 of December 2009 13:56:51 Jie Zhang wrote:

> The ipmitool doesn't work on my box. Here is the result of the command ipmitool sensor:
>
> # ipmitool sensor
> Could not open device at /dev/ipmi0 or /dev/ipmi/0 or /dev/ipmidev/0: No such file or directory
> Get Device ID command failed
> Unable to open SDR for reading

Problem was solved for me by "modprobe ipmi_devintf". Full list of modules:

$ lsmod|grep ipmi
ipmi_devintf            8103  2
ipmi_si                42687  1
ipmi_msghandler        36150  2 ipmi_devintf,ipmi_si

It does not work on all motherboards. For example it works on  Intel S5500BC
and Intel S5000PAL, but does not works on Intel SRKA4.

--
Regards, Sergey