[collectd] Versions 5.1.0, 5.0.4 and 4.10.7 available
octo at collectd.org
Mon Apr 2 14:54:33 CEST 2012
I've packaged a new feature release, collectd 5.1. It introduces quite
some new features, such as two new write plugins ("write_graphite" and
"write_mongodb") and a numer of read plugins.
There are also new patch releases for versions 5.0 and 4.10, that only
The new version is available in source-code form from collectd's
download page. The direct download links are:
Thanks to everybody who helped with these new verions. In particular:
* Aaron Brady
* Akkarit Sangpetch
* Aurelien Rougemont
* Chris Lundquist
* Clemens Lang
* Cosmin Ioiart
* Cyril Feraudet
* Darrell Bishop
* Fabien Wernli
* Gerrie Roos
* Henrique de Moraes Holschuh
* Jason Schmidlapp
* Jérôme Renard
* Louis Opter
* Luis Sanmartín Rozada
* Michael Hanselmann
* Peter Warasin
* Phil Kulin
* Pierre-Yves Ritschard
* Scott Sanders
* Sebastian Harl
* Build system, iptables plugin: The shipped version of libiptc has
* collectd-nagios: A list of value lists can now be queried using
"-n LIST". Thanks to Sebastian Harl for his patches.
* bind plugin: The "ParseTime" option has been added. It allows to use
the system time rather than the time reported by BIND.
* curl, memcachec, tail plugins: The "ExcludeRegexp" option has been
added. Thanks to Peter Warasin for his initial patch.
* ethstat plugin: The new "ethstat" plugin reads performance statistics
directly from ethernet cards. Thanks to Cyril Feraudet for his patch.
* GenericJMX plugin: Support for querying MBean "Operations" (in
addition to "Attributes") has been added. Thanks to Pierre-Yves
Ritschard for his patch.
* irq plugin: The selection / ignore code now uses the default
ignorelist infrastructure, providing the standard feature set, e.g.
* md plugin: The new "md" plugin reports the number of disks in various
states in Linux software RAID devices. Thanks to Michael Hanselmann
for his patch.
* modbus plugin: Support for signed integer register types has been
* nfs plugin: Support for Solaris has been added. Thanks to Cosmin
Ioiart for his patch.
* numa plugin: The new "numa" plugin reports statistics of the
Non-Uniform Memory Access (NUMA) subsystem of Linux.
* processes plugin: Various fixes for the FreeBSD implementation.
Thanks to Phil Kulin for his patch.
* rrdcached plugin: Passing flushes to the caching daemon has been
* sensors plugin: The initialization code has been improved. Thanks to
Henrique de Moraes Holschuh for his patch.
* swap plugin: The "ReportByDevice" option has been added.
* syslog plugin: Support for writing notifications has been added.
Thanks to Fabien Wernli for his patch.
* tcpconns plugin: Support for AIX has been added. Thanks to Manuel
Luis Sanmartín Rozada for his patch.
* threshold plugin: The "PersistOK" option has been added. Thanks to
Aaron Brady for his patch.
* varnish plugin: Support for Varnish 3.0 has been added. Thanks to
Jérôme Renard for his patches.
* write_mongodb plugin: The new "write_mongodb" plugin writes value
lists to MongoDB, a shema-less database. Thanks to Akkarit Sangpetch
and Chris Lundquist for their work.
* write_graphite plugin: The new "write_graphite" plugin writes value
lists to Carbon, the storage layer of the Graphite time-series
database. Thanks to Scott Sanders and Pierre-Yves Ritschard for their
* zfs_arc plugin: Several new statistics have been added. Thanks to
Aurelien Rougemont for his patches.
* scale target: Support for scaling specific data sources only has been
added. Thanks to Gerrie Roos for his patch.
Versions 5.0.4 and 4.10.7:
* Build system: Fix the use of a libltdl macro. Thanks to Clemens Lang
for fixing this. Adresses some issues with building the iptables
plugin under Gentoo.
* libcollectdclient: A memory leak in the lcc_getval() function has
been fixed. Thanks to Jason Schmidlapp for finding and fixing this
* bind plugin: The use of 'QType" types has been fixed.
* df plugin: Fixed compiler issue under Mac OS X 10.7.
* conntrack plugin: Support zero as legitimate value. Thanks to Louis
Opter for his patch.
* memcached plugin: Increased the size of a static buffer, which was
truncating status messages form memcached. Thanks to Timon for the
* network plugin: Forwarding of notifications has been disabled. This
was a contition not checked for before, which may retult in an
* processes plugin: Support for process names with spaces has been
added to the Linux implementation. Thanks to Darrell Bishop for his
* perl plugin: A race condition in several callbacks, including log and
write callbacks, has been fixed. Thanks to "Rrpv" for reporting this
* snmp plugin: A bug when casting unsigned integers to gauge values has
been fixed: Unsigned integers would be cast to a signed integer and
then to a gauge, possibly resulting in a negative value.
* tcpconns plugin: Compilation with newer versions of the FreeBSD
runtime has been fixed.
collectd – The system statistics collection daemon
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 836 bytes
Desc: Digital signature
More information about the collectd