[collectd] Network Plugin details about network downtime.

Jonas Zanon jonas.zanon at paxtecnologia.com.br
Wed Nov 30 18:22:29 CET 2011

Hello people,

We're very interested to use collectd in our environment.
We will use a central collectd that will receive the data collected by
the collectd clients using the network plugin. Until here it's ok.

What I didn't see anywhere in documentation or forums is that when the
network communication between collectd client and server is lost, the
data collected in downtime in the client side will be transmitted to the
server after the connection is restored? By my tests, I don't think so.

If not, how can I overcome this?
Have you guys already in this situation?

Regards,

Jonas Zanon