[collectd] Compiling 5.0 on Ubuntu 11.04

Francois-Xavier Bourlet francois-xavier.bourlet at dotcloud.com
Wed May 4 18:59:52 CEST 2011

try something like:

$clone git://github.com/octo/collectd.git
$cd collectd

now checkout to the lastest but one commit:

$git checkout HEAD^

(yes the "^" is important)

then configure the build system:

$./build.sh

then configure the build itself:

$./configure

build:

$make

install:

sudo make install

If thats still do not build correctly, i notice that build.sh create
the missing files, and if you go back to the latest commit:

$git checkout master

The missing files are now present, and so

$./build.sh

will work again, then you can continue on the configure&make steps.

Hope I helped you,

On Wed, May 4, 2011 at 9:04 AM, Bill Harris <savoy9020 at texoma.net> wrote:
> Hmm, not very familiar with git..
>
> I tried a "git clone git://github.com/octo/collectd.git"
> but it didn't have a configure file, so tried with "autoconf"
>
> That didn't work to well either.
>
> The daily builds don't appear to be working.. Is there a recent
> daily build somewhere else I could get?
>
> I did see where the supplied iptc was removed.. recently.
>
> Bill
>

> On 5/3/11 12:15 PM, "Francois-Xavier Bourlet"
> <francois-xavier.bourlet at dotcloud.com> wrote:
>
>> if you are compiling from the latests sources, you can still checkout
>> to the latest but one commit, and try again to build. Pay attention
>> that clean.sh do not clean everything. you would like to checkout in a
>> empty directory before building.
>>
>> On Tue, May 3, 2011 at 6:51 AM, Bill Harris <savoy9020 at texoma.net> wrote:
>>>

>>> Is there a patch to fix this iptc issue with collectd on Ubunutu Server
>>> (11.04) i386?
>>>
>>> Bill
>>>
>>>  gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../../src -Wall -Werror -g -O2 -c libip4tc.c
>>>  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/libip4tc.o
>>> In file included from libip4tc.c:136:0:
>>> libiptc.c:84:8: error: redefinition of Œstruct xt_error_target¹
>>> /usr/include/linux/netfilter/x_tables.h:69:8: note: originally defined here
>>> make[3]: *** [libip4tc.lo] Error 1
>>> make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/bharris/work/collectd-5.0.0/src/owniptc'
>>> make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
>>> make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/bharris/work/collectd-5.0.0/src'
>>> make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
>>> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/bharris/work/collectd-5.0.0/src'
>>> make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

François-Xavier Bourlet