[collectd] apache plugin issue w/collectd 4.8 spokes, collectd 5.0 hub

Trent W. Buck twb-mailman-collectd at cyber.com.au
Fri Jun 24 06:15:53 CEST 2011

If I have a collectd 5.0 "hub" receiving data from collectd 4.8
"spokes", should that Just Work?  I ask because while most plugins are
getting through OK (e.g. process, df, etc), there is no evidence of
the apache plugin sending any data to the hub, nor am I seeing any
errors in syslog from either host.

It makes me wonder if the apache plugin has changed substantially,
where the other plugins haven't, and this is the problem?  Or maybe it
is because my "hub" collectd was compiled on a host without apache, so
didn't get something compiled into e.g. its types.db...

Any ideas?

(The problem may be more widespread than just the apache plugin; I'm
still looking into it.)