[collectd] zeormq architecture inquiry

Florian Forster octo at collectd.org
Mon Aug 29 17:58:09 CEST 2011

Hi Allan,

On Sun, Aug 28, 2011 at 08:11:14PM -0400, Allan Feid wrote:
> I was wondering if anyone has any experience doing this, or can
> provide some guidance on what zeromq architecture would scale best.

I was wondering the same thing. For a normal (intra-)DC setup, I think
it the best option would be a central subscriber that binds to a local
address and many publishers which connect to that address. For an
inter-DC setup, I'd probably go with aggregators on a DC level and
repeat the same pattern, i.e. publish to a remote address and, on the
global level, subscribe to a local address.

Disclaimer: I hardly have any ZeroMQ experience either, so this is
basically how I think stuff should work, but I might be totally wrong
about it …

Best regards,
—octo
GnuPG: 0x0C705A15