[collectd] collectd-carbon on Wiki

Sebastian Harl sh at tokkee.org
Tue Aug 16 09:22:57 CEST 2011

Hi,

On Mon, Aug 15, 2011 at 10:56:40PM -0700, Gregory Szorc wrote:
> I just tried to add a page for collectd-carbon (
> https://github.com/indygreg/collectd-carbon), my Collectd Python plugin that
> writes data to Carbon, Graphite's storage engine. Unfortunately, the wiki is
> denying me the ability to create new pages.
>
> Could someone with create permissions please create
> http://collectd.org/wiki/index.php/Collectd-carbon with some stub content so
> I can edit it? Or, if you want to create the content yourself, have a go at
> it!

Here you go: http://collectd.org/wiki/index.php/Plugin:Carbon
(Plugin:Carbon better fits the wiki naming scheme than Collectd-carbon)

> I already added the plugin to
> http://collectd.org/wiki/index.php/List_of_front-ends.

Hrm, imho, the front-end would be Graphite, while collectd-carbon is
just a plugin required for that to work. Imho, another page about
Graphite should be added (and linked from the List_of_front-ends) and
cross-link the Plugin:Carbon page.

Cheers,