[collectd] collectd-nagios problems with ds queries

Ulrich Habel rhaen at cpan.org
Mon Aug 8 14:01:26 CEST 2011

> Well tbh what would be needed is just better version of
> collectd-nagios that can do simple math like "if ( (df-free/df-total)
> < 0.2 ){alert();}"
> It wouldn't be very hard to write just i guess noone needed it that
> badly ;]. I've wrote something similiar (only much simpler, i needed
> only average/min/max of few values) and interfacing with collectd is
> pretty easy.

It's just something which has to be done in order to integrate
collectd within a nagios environment. It might help to have a single
design of data storage which is consistent and steady. The work has
already been done with collectd-nagios. Just wanted to make sure that
there is no misunderstanding in its usage. Given the syntax in the
examples it just don't work. Take this series of posts more like an
issue tracking :)

> PS. add list address in Cc: so other ppl can see/discuss about ideas ;)

*ooops* - sorry. Hejas web mailer :)