[collectd] smnp plugin, 4.10.3 vs 5.0

Mariusz Gronczewski xani666 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 14:09:53 CEST 2011

2011/8/8 Sergey <a_s_y at sama.ru>:
> On Sunday, August 07, 2011, Mariusz Gronczewski wrote:
>
>> > example in attachment (top - 4 hours, bottom - 2 days).
>>
>> Look at types.db (usually in /usr/share/collectd) in v5 type of most
>> counters changed to derive to avoid "spiking" each time counter resets
>> (for example when VPN interface goes down then up).
>> Maybe you need to recreate/convert RRD files (ones created by v4 will
>> still have type COUNTER instead of DERIVE) ?
>
> I know about changing the format and I completely removed old rrds.
> In addition, the data normally collected from other ports on this
> switch, for example from ports with 6 Mbyte/sec maximum.
Maybe add network plugin config to send data anywhere, then fire
wireshark and see what snmp values collectd get and how it parses it
(new versions of wireshark have builtin collectd protocol decoder)?
Kinda looks like it uses 32 bit counters, with COUNTER type its not
problem if it doesnt overflow more than once per cycle, but DERIVE
type saves NaN when counter have smaller value than last one.