[collectd] AIX: WPAR and cpu patchs.

Manuel Luis Sanmartín Rozada manuel.luis at gmail.com
Mon Sep 6 23:54:15 CEST 2010

Hi.

> I'm having reservations regarding the mangling of the CPU counters,
> though. The basic unit here *is* ticks and I think it should be left to
> front-ends to convert this to a percentage if the users wishes so. Also,
> submitting the raw ticks would be consistent with the CPU and LPAR
> plugins.

This: cnt_wcpu[i].sys += (((wcpu.psys -
prev_wcpu[i].sys)*100*time_diff)/hardware_ticks)/pncpus;
is to convert the raw hardware ticks to some like "normal" cpu ticks,
and have the cpu of all virtual processors between 0 and 100.

The problem is that in aix I have lpars that have virtual processors,
and I need to convert this  physical processor tics (wcpu.puser and
wcpu.psys) to something like the tics of the virtual processors.
I think that the ticks of wcpu.puser and wcpu.psys are not the same
ticks of cpu plugin.

For example:
in wpar-cpu-1.png I apply the patch and I have the cpu between 0-100
when I use all  cpus at 100%  inside the wpar.
in wpar-cpu-2.png I send wcpu.psys and wcpu.puser and do the same
using all cpus at 100% inside the wpar, and I have only 8 virtual
procesors in the machine.