[collectd] segfault in notify_email

Florian Forster octo at collectd.org
Sun Sep 5 09:48:06 CEST 2010

Hi Manuel,

On Fri, Aug 27, 2010 at 09:28:17AM +0200, Manuel CISSE wrote:
> I'm using collectd 4.10.1 (Debian sid stock package) and I'm
> experiencing segfaults in notify_email quite a few times a day.

I've added serialization code to the plugin which protects access to the
library using a mutex. It'd be great if you could test the patch.
Currently, the fix is only in the "collectd-4.9" branch. If you need it
merged to 4.10 or master, please let me know.

Also, could you please open a bug report for Debian? If you do so,
Sebastian might be able to get this fix into Debian Lenny. (Provided
the problem is fixed, of course ;)

Regards,
--octo
GnuPG: 0x0C705A15