[collectd] Strange issue with exec and unixsock plugin

XANi xani666 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 4 22:52:44 CEST 2010

Dnia 2010-09-04, sob o godzinie 11:40 +0200, Florian Forster pisze:
> Hi Mariusz,
>
> thanks for all the effort you put into tracking down this problem :)
>
> On Fri, Sep 03, 2010 at 11:33:45PM +0200, XANi wrote:
> > Okay ive found another thing. While playing around with git bisect ive
> > got to the point when
> > * commit f6c23c8 have that "bug"
> > * commit cbc3671 have bug (had to remove -Werror to compile it, else
> >   it would fail during make)
> > * commit d37ebe6 seems to work propertly, I can't trigger that bug
>
> The commit you point our here introduces a heap to schedule calling of
> the read callbacks. I've fixed a bug in the calculation of the parent
> node in commit 69149f2 (initially committed to "collectd-4.9" and has
> been merged to "collectd-4.10" and "master"). Could you check if the
> problem persists after this commit?
>
> Regards,
> --octo
Hi,

I've checked 69149f2, master and collectd-4.10 all have that bug. Like I
said its much more easier (minutes versus hour) to trigger on VM I'm
using (KVM) than on "physcial" PC, so if u want to poke it with debugger
just throw me ur pubkey and I'll give u access to machine I'm testing it
on.
--
Mariusz Gronczewski (XANi) <xani666 at gmail.com>
GnuPG: 0xEA8ACE64