[collectd] mysql backend

Stefan Cocora stefan.cocora at googlemail.com
Mon Oct 11 19:18:08 CEST 2010

Hi guys,

     I've started using collectd and I think it is a very very good tool
for its purpose: gathering data.
     From my point of view (sysadmin) it makes sense to have a RDBM
backend for collectd as that will reduce the I/O hell experienced on the
collectd master.
     From my experience once you jump over 10 clients you need to invest
in 15000 rotations/sec SAS disks, otherwise the master won't keep up.
     I've seen here http://collectd.org/wiki/index.php/Store_To_RDBMS
that there are some issues with creating a mysql backend. If I'm correct
and the issue is about creating a suitable mysql schema then I'd like to
help the project.
     Just mail the requirements to this email address and I'll create a
suitable schema for mysql.
     Also if collectd has a mysql backend it will make very easy writing
collectd web frontends.

Regards,
Stefan