[collectd] qpid python plugin

Alessandro Iurlano alessandro.iurlano at gmail.com
Fri Oct 8 15:27:16 CEST 2010

Hello everybody.

I have developed a python script to query the statistics for qpid
servers. See http://qpid.apache.org/ for the project homepage.

This is just a basic plugin and I am submitting it for review or in
case someone else is interested.
It is a python plugin and thus requires a configuration like this in
collectd.conf:

#<Plugin python>
#        # Example location of the required qpid python client
#        ModulePath "/usr/local/qpid-0.6/python"
#
#        # Example location of the qpidcollectd.py script
#        ModulePath "/usr/local/collectd-scripts/"
#
#        # Actual module configuration
#        <Module qpidcollectd>
#                <hostname "firstserver">
#                    queue "veryinterestingqueue1"
#                    queue "veryinterestingqueue2"
#                </hostname>
#
#                <hostname "anotherserver">
#                    queue "anotherveryinterestingqueue1"
"anotherveryinterestingqueue2"
#                </hostname>
#        </Module>

The qpid client library (at least the version 0.6 that I used) needs
to spawn processes, so this plugin will need to handle CHLD signals.
This means that if you want to use this plugin you won't be able to
use the Exec plugin.

Looking for constructive critics / patches / whatever.

Thanks,
Alessandro