[collectd] Jarmon 10.11 Released

Richard Wall richard at the-moon.net
Sun Nov 28 18:46:13 CET 2010

I'm happy to announce the release of Jarmon 10.11 and apologies for
the delay - this release had originally been planned for August 2010!

I wrote a number of unit tests which revealed some errors in the RRD
data extraction which I have fixed. I intend to continue expanding the
test suite - with the ultimate goal of 100% code coverage.

I have also created a script to extract API documentation from the
Jarmon library. Hopefully this will help people understand the code
and will encourage more participation and bug fixes.

Download Jarmon from: https://launchpad.net/jarmon

 * Jarmon is a high level Javascript library which allows you to
quickly generate interactive DHTML charts from RRD datafiles, entirely
within your web browser.

 * Jarmon downloads multiple RRD files in parallel from one or more
servers using asynchronous XHR requests, extracts and merges the data
and then plots the results using HTML5 canvas elements.

 * Jarmon includes a fully working dashboard application - a graphical
frontend to Collectd

 * Jarmon depends on the JavascriptRRD, Flot and jQuery libraries.

== Participate ==

 - Join the Jarmon Team on Launchpad and send messages to the mailing
list: https://launchpad.net/~jarmon-dev

 - Report bugs - submit full bug details in a Launchpad bug report -
including (if possible) instructions on how to recreate the problem,
sample RRD files, and failing unit tests.

 - Suggest new features - first discuss your suggestion with the
developers on the mailing list, then write a full Launchpad Blueprint.

 - Contribute code - create Jarmon branches and submit them to the
developers for code review and merging