[collectd] Versions 4.9.4 and 4.10.2 available.
octo at collectd.org
Sat Nov 27 21:14:39 CET 2010
I've packaged new patch releases of the current stable versions of
collectd. They fix a couple of bugs in collectd, plugins and the
Since of the bugs, the failed assertion in the RRDtool and RRDCacheD
plugins, can be used for a Denial of Service (DoS) attack, all users are
urged to upgrade.
The new version is available in source-code form from collectd's
download page. The direct download links are:
Thanks to everybody who helped with this new version. In particular,
bugs have been reported and fixed by:
* Aurélien Reynaud
* Sebastian Harl
* Sven Trenkel
2010-11-27, Version 4.10.2
* Documentation: Various documentation fixes.
* collectd: If including one configuration file fails, continue with
the rest of the configuration if possible.
* collectd: Fix a bug in the read function scheduling. In rare cases
read functions may not have been called as often as requested.
* collectd: Concurrency issues with errno(3) under AIX have been
fixed: A thread-safe version of errno has to be requested under AIX.
Thanks to Aurélien Reynaud for his patch.
* collectd: A left-over hard-coded 2 has been replaced by the
configurable timeout value. (Version 4.10.2 only)
* curl, memcachec, tail plugins: Fix handling of "DERIVE" data
sources. Matching the end of a string has been improved; thanks to
Sebastian Harl for the patch.
* curl_json plugin: Fix a problem when parsing 64bit integers. Reading
JSON data from non-HTTP sources has been fixed.
* netapp plugin: Pass the interval setting to the dispatch function.
Restore compatibility to NetApp Release 7.3. Thanks to Sven Trenkel
for the patch.
* network plugin: Be less verbose about unchecked signatures, in order
to prevent spamming the logs.
* notify_email plugin: Concurrency problems have been fixed.
* python plugin: Set "sys.argv", since many scripts don't expect that
it may not be set. Thanks to Sven Trenkel for the patch.
* rrdtool, rrdcached plugin: Fix a too strict assertion when creating
* swap plugin: A bug which lead to incorrect I/O values has been
fixed. (Version 4.10.2 only)
* value match: A minor memory leak has been fixed. Thanks to Sven
Trenkel for the patch.
Florian octo Forster
Hacker in training
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 835 bytes
Desc: Digital signature
More information about the collectd