[collectd] typo conntrack in src/types.db

Florian Forster octo at verplant.org
Tue Mar 9 17:16:01 CET 2010

Hi Peter,

On Fri, Feb 19, 2010 at 11:40:44AM +0100, Peter Holik wrote:
> src/types.db
>
> -conntrack entropy:GAUGE:0:4294967295
> +conntrack conntrack:GAUGE:0:4294967295

oh, that's an annoying typo. Especially since this addition is newer
than my goal to name all new data sources "value". Thanks for the hint
:)

I'm afraid that changing this now would break backwards compatibility,
though. I.e. someone might end up with half his conntrack files using
"entropy" and the other half using "conntrack" (or "value"). So I guess
I'll leave it as is until the next major version, 5.0.

I've documented the intend to change this on the appropriate wiki
page [0].

Regards,
—octo

[0] <http://collectd.org/wiki/index.php/Plans_for_5.0#Rename_data_sources>