[collectd] Varnish plugin

Sebastian Harl sh at tokkee.org
Wed Jun 9 13:02:51 CEST 2010

Heya,

On Wed, Jun 09, 2010 at 11:01:40AM +0200, Florian Forster wrote:
> So what I'm asking is that you use my "jr/varnish" branch as the base
> for new development. Here's how you do that. Beware: The following
> commands will remove all changes you have in your working directory
> (i.e. uncommitted stuff) and all commits after your (currently) latest
> commit, 3e916c4 "- Updated configuration directives + doc".

Data loss can be avoided by using "rebase" rather than "reset":

>   # Add my Github repository as an additional "remote":
>   $ git remote add -t jr/varnish octo git://github.com/octo/collectd.git
>   # Fetch / update the "jr/varnish" branch from my repository:
>   $ git remote update

After fetching octo's jr/varnish branch, do:

 $ git checkout master
 $ git rebase octo/jr/varnish

If you have any uncommitted changes, "rebase" will complain about that;
new commits will be applied on top of octo's jr/varnish.

However, note that this will only work, if the diffs of the "common"
commits in each branch are the same -- else, you'll get merge conflicts.

Then:

>   # Force-update the branch in your Github repository:
>   $ git push origin +master:master

I hope this helps and does not add any confusion. TIMTOWTDI ;-)

Cheers,