[collectd] Sensors not showing

Florian Forster octo at verplant.org
Wed Jul 14 09:45:55 CEST 2010

Hi,

On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 05:33:56PM +0100, Michelle Wright wrote:
> On the CGI web interface I got lots of things showing but not sensors
> even though it is enabled and the 'sensors' command works:

how did you install collectd and libsensors?

There are two versions of libsensors. collectd can work with both, but
once it's been built it needs the version that was present at build
time. Under Debian the correct version is only "recommended" (not
"depended" upon), so depending on your system config you may end up with
the incorrect version.

> I'm really not sure what I should be putting in the collectd.conf file
> under the sensors section? Reading the wiki suggests nothing or am I
> mis reading it?

If you don't provide a <Plugin sensors> block, the plugin will collect
statistics about all sensors. This is okay for a first step – you can
always ignore unnecessary sensors later.

Regards,
—octo