[collectd] ipv6 support broken?

Jan Huijsmans bofh at koffie.nu
Tue Feb 23 19:32:39 CET 2010

Hello,

I've been using collectd for a while now and some time ago, pre 4.6/4.8,
the debian version of the collectd package, especially the ping module,
started giving problems with the ipv6 addresses I've been testing.

When configured as ipv6 addresses, the module replaces the : in the
addresses with spaces and lookups fail. When configured as hostnames with
AAAA redords, the lookup fails. (even when there is a A record with the
same name) This problem occurs with the lenny and squeeze distro. (1 setup
has the debian sid package installed)

Is enybody using the ping module for ipv6 in a non-debian distro and
experiencing problems, or is this a debian specific bug?

---

Jan Huijsmans              bofh at koffie.nu

... cannot activate /dev/brain, no response from main coffee server