[collectd] Need help with sensors plugin

Sebastian Harl sh at tokkee.org
Sun Apr 18 10:39:04 CEST 2010

Hi,

On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 11:03:56PM +0200, Bruno Friedmann wrote:
> On 04/14/2010 09:39 AM, Sebastian Harl wrote:
> > Where did you get collectd from? Did you compile it yourself or do you
> > use some pre-compiled packages? Which Linux distribution do you use?
>
> I'm using the rpm package coming from http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/server:/monitoring/openSUSE_11.2
> openSUSE 11.2 64Bits
>
> As what I've seen there's nothing special in this package.
> Do you need to check something special ?

Well, in Debian, I've had the problem that libsnmp depended on
libsensors3 (i.e. lm-sensors 2.x) which conflicted with lm-sensors 3.x.
So, I had the choice of either disabling the “snmp” plugin or linking
the “sensors” plugin against libsensors3 and, thus, having very limited
functionality in that plugin. The former was no real option for me, so I
decided to do the latter. I suppose that other distributions might have
similar problems. In Debian, this is now solved by updated net-snmp
packages which now support lm-sensors 3.x as well.

As Marco suggested, re-compiling the “sensors” plugin using lm-sensors
3.x will help but I would not expect SuSE to provide updated packages (I
have no clue though about how package updates are handled in SuSE and
this particular repository) or compile it yourself.

Anyway, you could try to contact the maintainer of the packages you are
using, describe your problem and forward the solution mentioned above.

HTH,