[collectd] nanosleep configure tests

Sebastian Harl sh at tokkee.org
Wed Apr 7 10:56:33 CEST 2010

Hi,

On Wed, Apr 07, 2010 at 10:27:54AM +1000, Vincent McIntyre wrote:
> On 3/26/10, Sebastian Harl <sh at tokkee.org> wrote:
> > Thanks for reporting this and digging up a solution!
>
> Sorry for the delay, I was out of town.

No problem ;-)

> > To rebuild the build system, do:
> >
> >   make configure
>
> fails, I don't have automake-1.11 or autoconf-2.65.

Yep, that will only work if you have the same versions of auto*
available as were used when bootstrapping the build system.

> > If that does not work (e.g., in case your autoconf version does not
> > match), do:
> >
> >   ./build.sh
> >
> I don't appear to have this in the tarball.

Oh right, this is only included in the Git repo.

> and copied build.sh, version-gen.sh to where I am building.
>
> Unfortunately this fails, it appears version-gen.sh is expecting 'git'
> to be available

If `git' is not available, `version-gen.sh' should fall back to using a
hard-coded value.

> I suspect I'll need you to generate a new configure script for me.

Anyway, you can find a tarball of the current 4.8 branch at
<http://osprey.tokkee.org/~tokkee/tmp/collectd-4.8.3.37.g6852f05.tar.gz>
(or ….tar.bz2).

HTH,