[collectd] Version 4.7.3 available
octo at verplant.org
Sun Sep 13 17:59:31 CEST 2009
I've created and uploaded version 4.7.3. It features many bugfixes
present in the 4.6.5 release, as well as some 4.7 specific fixes.
The tarballs are available from the “Download” page on collectd's
homepage. The direct download links are:
Thanks to everybody contributing to this release. It includes commits
Andrés J. Díaz
Duncan Mac-Vicar P
Thanks for reporting and fixing bugs, as well as contributing auxiliary
2009-09-13, Version 4.7.3
* collectd: Fix a possible but very rare invalid “free” in the caching
code. Thanks to Sebastian Harl for the patch.
* collectd: Remove old values when a cache entry is marked as missing.
This way the “GETVAL” command of the UnixSock plugin doesn't return
old, no longer valid values when this happens. Thanks to Andrés J.
Díaz for the patch.
* collectd: The “plugin_unregister_read” function has been fixed.
* apache, ascent, bind, curl, nginx plugins: Advise the cURL library
to follow redirects. Thanks to Joey Hess for reporting this bug.
* df plugin: Check the ignorelist before stating the file system,
possibly reducing the number of stats considerably. Thanks to Joey
Hess for reporting this bug.
* iptables plugin: Support for the new libiptc API has been added.
Thanks to Sebastian Harl for the patch. The build system has been
updated to the plugin only includes the shipped header files when it
is linked with the shipped library, too.
* java plugin: Delay creating the JVM until after the daemon has
forked. The JVM internally creates threads that are lost when
forking. This means that Java-based plugins are now configured
during the init-phase, i. e. later than other plugins.
* libvirt plugin: Re-connect to libvirtd if connecting fails. Thanks
to Alan Pevec for the patch.
* network plugin: Fix the handling of the “CacheFlush” option: The
value was assigned to a wrong variable. The initialization of the
gcrypt library, which is used for signing / encrypting traffic, has
been fixed. Thanks to Luke Heberling for the patch.
* powerdns plugin: Set a timeout when reading data from the datagram
socket. Handling of the “LocalSocket” option has been fixed. An
incorrectly used “type” has been corrected. Thanks to Luke Heberling
for his patches.
Florian octo Forster
Hacker in training
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 189 bytes
Desc: Digital signature
Url : http://mailman.verplant.org/pipermail/collectd/attachments/20090913/b897284f/attachment.pgp
More information about the collectd